Hello Milltown Families!
As you may know, this week Governor Brown enacted new rules regarding mask-wearing outdoors. Today those new rules went into effect.
Many parents and coaches have written us this week asking what will the MUSC policy on masks will be. We have done our best to explain that this continues to be an evolving policy. And that Milltown does not have an official stance on masks. We will enforce the policies provided by our league (THJSL), Oregon Youth Soccer Association (OYSA), and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
As of right now, Friday, August 27th, here is the policy we are following:
* Masks are recommended, but not required for all players on the field playing in games or practices
* Masks are required for all players while on the bench and coming to/from the fields
* Masks are required for all coaches while coaching on the sidelines, on the field (during practice), and coming/to from the fields
* Masks are required for all spectators unless social distancing of at least 6 feet can be maintained
At this time we are not required to do contact tracing and we do not require COVID site monitors.
At Milltown United Soccer Club we have been and will continue to comply with the state and local guidelines. We will continue to monitor the requirements and send out additional updates as the situation evolves.
Thanks for your support and patience. We are looking forward to a great fall season!
Our Kindergarten and 1st-grade program consists of 1 practice per week and 1 game on Saturday afternoons. As a bonus, we are also offering optional pre-season clinics with the UK Coaches. These clinics are free, optional, and will be drop-in, but if your child wants extra soccer, or you want to introduce them and yourself to the routine, this is an easy option. The UK Soccer coaches are amazing with young kids. Please join us if you are interested.
Meadow Park Middle School Football Field
|5:15-6:15 – U6/U7 girls soccer clinic||5:15-6:15 – U6/U7 boys soccer clinic|
|6:30-7:30 – Coach clinic for U6-U8 coaches||6:30-7:30 – Coach clinic for U9-U12 coaches|
|5:15-6:15 – U6/U7 co-ed soccer clinic||5:15-6:15 – U6/U7 co-ed soccer clinic|
|6:30-7:30 – Coach clinic for U9-U12||6:30-7:30 – Coach clinic for U6-U8|
All practices are at Meadow Park Middle School Football Field
Practice is one night per week Mon-Thurs from 5:15-6:15. Coaches will sign up for their preferred day and communicate with the team. Practice begins the week of 9/13.
All games are at Meadow Park Middle School Field behind the Tennis Courts
Games are every Saturday from 9/18 – 10/30
Kindergarten will be from 1:00-2:00
1st grade will be from 2:30-3:30
*Note one game per season some teams may shift timeslots to avoid a bye
Schedules will be available by 9/15. The only new information provided by the schedule will be the team match-up. Please use the information above to plan your calendars.
It’s that time of year again. Columbia is offering Milltown Families a pass to their employee store. Bring this pass and your Milltown United Soccer Jersey to get 40-50% off retail prices. This is an incredible opportunity to get great prices on clothes for the whole family.
Valid 7/9 – 8/1
While we are committed to doing everything we can to open on time, if we find a snag that would make it harder or more confusing for our families, we will delay an additional day or two until we feel it is running smoothly. Any changes to the schedule below are unexpected but will be updated on this page if necessary.
7th & 8th Grade Registration: Begins on 5/8
5th & 6th Grade Registration: Begins on 5/10
2nd, 3rd & 4th Grade Registration: Begins on 5/12
Kindergarten & 1st Grade Registration: Begins on 5/14
High School Registration: Begins on 5/15
Reminder: A few things about Fall registration you should know:
- The website and registration system will have a new look and feel and a new account will need to be created to register.
- While we REALLY hope we trend to normalcy, we do expect to still have some aspect of COVID regulation in the Fall. We will always follow the guidelines set forth by the authoritative bodies above us – Federal, State, and County governments, as well as the multiple governing bodies of Oregon Youth Sports (OYSA, THPRD, THJSL, etc.) for the safest possible experience for our players and their families.
- Due to 2 full seasons out of play and an augmented Spring 2021 season, we will NOT BE OFFERING A PRIORITY WINDOW FOR RETURNING PLAYERS. Fall 2021 team placement will be created 100% based on the earliest registration date. No exceptions. Please register as early as possible to avoid any frustration of team placement.
- Fall season will begin for most teams in mid-late August with games typically starting the first Saturday following Labor Day Weekend. Practice and games will run through the last week of October.
2020 Refund Policy
For Spring 2021, we are out of refund window. All player fees are non-refundable unless MUSC is forced to cancel due to unforeseen COVID regulation.
As part of THJSL Milltown strictly adheres to its jewelry policy which does not allow jewelry of any kind on the playing field. Taping newly pierced ears is NOT allowed and players will not be able to play unless all piercings are removed. To avoid missed games, please make sure you are familiar with our policy on jewelry and body casts.
Milltown partners with Tursi’s soccer to provide our soccer jerseys. Order now to avoid last minute frustration! MUSC families receive a 15% discount on retail purchases (does not apply to the Milltown jersey).